When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
and we are at crusty rider status. might just leave it like this and enjoy it for pizza and ice cream runs.

Yesterday I came up with a 1961 Flightliner. I only saw it in a picture in FB Marketplace but when I went to pick it up, it was nicer than what I saw in the picture. But like any 60 year old bike, it's been "fixed" by previous owners so I need a couple of things to bring it back to its original status. I need the correct black seat with silver trim and crash rail, the correct pedals, and the reflector and lens for the tank light. I've checked the classifieds but to no avail. Anyone have anything? If so reply here or send me a PM.
Thanks,
Ed

When I picked it up I looked at the model number and thought it looked familiar. I got it home and found that it's only one digit different than my other 1961 Flightliner. My other one is the exact same bike but it has the kickback rear hub. Both are a digit different than the 1961 girl's model. What is the probability?

IMG_20220311_132328715.jpg

Yesterday I came up with a 1961 Flightliner. I only saw it in a picture in FB Marketplace but when I went to pick it up, it was nicer than what I saw in the picture. But like any 60 year old bike, it's been "fixed" by previous owners so I need a couple of things to bring it back to its original status. I need the correct black seat with silver trim and crash rail, the correct pedals, and the reflector and lens for the tank light. I've checked the classifieds but to no avail. Anyone have anything? If so reply here or send me a PM.
Thanks,
Ed

When I picked it up I looked at the model number and thought it looked familiar. I got it home and found that it's only one digit different than my other 1961 Flightliner. My other one is the exact same bike but it has the kickback rear hub. Both are a digit different than the 1961 girl's model. What is the probability?

View attachment 1687599
Hey Ed, I just picked up a chrome frame Murray bike thatvi thought was a Flightliner but mine is different than yours but it does have the Troxel seat with the grab bar, red tail lite rack, chain guard and chrome truss rods fork.. I picked up a rat trap springer earlier this year that I will put on this bike. Only things missing are the head lite tank and fenders. The seat also needs recovered.. Wish mine looked half as good as yours... Nice find... RideOn..

Here’s a picture of the bike I just picked up. I have the correct tank, but it needs to be painted red, as does the rear rack and the fork ends, but it also need the reflector and lens. The seat is wrong as are the pedals. It also appears that some of the clear coat is cloudy and needs to be removed then a new coat applied. I always put new tires and tubes on my bikes. If anyone can help with any of my needs (except tires), I’d appreciate hearing from you.

Tank needs lens and reflectors.

Here’s a picture of the bike I just picked up. I have the correct tank, but it needs to be painted red, as does the rear rack and the fork ends, but it also need the reflector and lens. The seat is wrong as are the pedals. It also appears that some of the clear coat is cloudy and needs to be removed then a new coat applied. I always put new tires and tubes on my bikes. If anyone can help with any of my needs (except tires), I’d appreciate hearing from you.

View attachment 1687972
Tank needs lens and reflectors.
View attachment 1687973
This Flightliner looks just like the one I just bought... Nice looking bike.. What did it set you back if you don't mind my asking? Great bike.. RideOn...

Front or back, front with or without springer. I’ve found that other than the front for a springer, most Murray fenders with one rivet per brace are the same.

Back