When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
Great read! I found this site and this post after picking up this bike at a local second hand store. Most of it looked stock and thought I had picked up a Spaceliner based off the chain guard until i read through this post. Kind of weird that this is a mix of a couple bikes or at least the chain guard on this Murray variant. Trying to figure out what exactly I have with a serial number that seems different. The way I read it is M08 54X25634198. Anyway, thought I would throw this out there to see what you guys/gals think. My specialty is old bmx bikes so this is a new to me. Thanks.

View attachment 1028503
It's not uncommon for non-original (and wrong) parts to be swapped onto a vintage bike. In many cases a previous owner may have bought the bike with parts missing, and simply replaced them with what he could get his hands on. It looks as though, in addition to the chain guard being wrong, so is the rear rack and front fender (possibly rear fender as well).

Here's what a Foremost should look like.

Foremost.jpg

I had a Foremost back in the early 80's, traded it for a Typhoon. Been looking for it here in Denver (hopefully it's around somewhere).
1983-03_Foremost_Cruiser_Bike.jpg

Would sure like to buy a nice headlight bezel or whatever you call that faded part
Nice bike. Call around to a few auto body shops and see if they can recommend a local company that can chrome plastic parts. Some body shops have the equipment, but if not they might be able to make a recommendation.

Back