When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
Why the rubber sleeve on the part that holds the rear of the left battery? Wouldn't that keep it from grounding? Just showing my ignorance here.

Mike
The rubber end is simply a grip to make it easier to open and close the lever that holds the batteries in place. It doesn't interfere with electrical contact.

P.S... It would probably be better to post technical questions as new threads in the Middleweight forum rather than hide them in the Spaceliner Reference sticky. You'll probably get a lot more people seeing your question if it's in the main part of the Middleweight forum.

Since the battery holder part of this is basically beyond repair, the best possibility might be to bring it somewhere like Radio Shack and see if they have a new plastic 2-cell battery holder that will fit within your unit. Then you can wire the new battery holder to your switch and light, and it will operate.
This is the best option to get yours functioning. Give it a good soak in Evap-o-rust, first, and it will look like this one.

FrontBattTray_s.jpg

Last edited:
This is a picture of one of my Murray built Astro Flite's battery tray that should be the same as the Spaceliner. The rear tray retainer spring loaded clip holds the battery in place and acts as the ground on the ground end of the tandem mounted batteries.

attachment.php

Thanks JD, great picture. I just bought an Astro Flite but unfortunately it's in New York and I live in Michigan. Probably won't see it until summer when I visit my daughter or she visits me.

Mike

LOLOL... I guess I've hit the mainstream when people are quoting my Spaceliner reference, verbatim, in their eBay ads like this one.

people are quoting my Spaceliner reference, verbatim, in their eBay ads
Using someone elses text or images without their permission is plagiarism and is against eBay policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html
So, if this bothers you, tell the seller to include the source of his information, or report him to eBay. I once had a furious eBay buyer contact me because he had bought an old radio from someone that had used an image of my very nice radio to sell their beat-up radio. When the buyer got the beat-up radio he searched Google Images, found the photo from my website that was used in the eBay listing, and it led him to me. I was able to convince him that I wasn't the seller, didn't know the seller, and hadn't pulled a 'bait and switch'. He said he was going to report the incident to eBay, but I never heard the outcome.

Thanks for the guide.

With it I was able to ID the frame I just got as a 46305.
Not sure what I'm going to do with it (maybe sell it) but glad to know what I have.

Restore

I am in process of restoring a chrome mens 1966 spaceliner. I wanted to know if a komet hub ever came on a 66 mens spaceliner? I don't know off hand what model it is. Meaning base or deluxe. Someone Know?

I am in process of restoring a chrome mens 1966 spaceliner. I wanted to know if a komet hub ever came on a 66 mens spaceliner? I don't know off hand what model it is. Meaning base or deluxe. Someone Know?
Read the Spaceliner Reference and use it as described to figure out what model number you have and how it should be outfitted.

restore

I did consault the space liner reference before I had ask. It did not say what hubs can on the bikes. It was just pics of space liners?

Back