When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
I did consault the space liner reference before I had ask. It did not say what hubs can on the bikes. It was just pics of space liners?
Find your model number as described in the 'how-to' reference, then go down to the model list to find out which hub your model came with originally (either a 1-speed or 2-speed Bendix). You don't need to look at the pictures, the specs are in the list.

I wonder if this is a Spaceliner or a later bike

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...aceliner-Sears-MW-bicycle&p=391979#post391979

Model Number does not seem to be in your list.

Also my Boys Base chrome forward thrust model number does not appear in your list:
100_4570.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
OK I am dum

Sure they are. Last and third from the bottom in the Men's/Boy's 7-Tank section. Model #46943 (men's) from the pic above, and the boy's will be model #46963 on the list.

Here's the LINK to the pics of those models.

439431 is my model --the middle numbers -my bike is 26" I searched the first page for this with the browser search feature and could not find it.

46943 corresponds to the style, but seems my number is usless in id'ing the bike...no?

439431 is my model --the middle numbers -my bike is 26" I searched the first page for this with the browser search feature and could not find it.

46943 corresponds to the style, but seems my number is usless in id'ing the bike...no?

It might be easier if you message me, because I have a feeling we'll end up with a long thread, here.

What it appears you have posted are a model number from a 26" standard chrome forward-thrust Spaceliner (#46943) and a model number from something else (but I'm not sure what, because all Spaceliner model numbers begin with 46 not 43). Like I said, it's probably best to message me directly, along with a photo of the frame number from the second bike. I might find it in one of my references.

Wanted...Spaceliner bearing

I will post this also in the wanted section, but wanted to try here too.

Need a fork bearing for the ladies Spaceliner I am customizing. The one I have is marked "NAIL, USA 73" It measures 1.46" O.D. and 1.24" I.D. Just need one.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Thank You
Thank You.
Just found beautiful 1964-65 Deluxe I only paid pennies for. Your research saved me alot of time.

BTW: This bike is for sale. Contact me for details.
JEFF - WIN_20150302_122333.jpg

Here's one I picked up which doesn't show up here.

6d82ba1c0dcc73cd0b4b5eb834d21aa8-1.jpg
It's not on the list because your bike isn't a Spaceliner. It's a Flightliner (it pre-dates the Spaceliner, back when Sears bikes were branded J.C. Higgins)

Last edited:
Back