When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
Anyone know what the seatpost size is on these? My caliper gets 20.8 if i measure mine. Do they make 21mm seatposts or 20.5? Ive got a frameset with a stuck post and i am likely doing to need a replacment once i get this one out.
I wouldn't worry too much about trying to match the seatpost dimension. Just buy a replacement Spaceliner seatpost on eBay... they come up for sale all the time.

Found one!

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

Stoney (Ray) was asking me how to wire a Spaceliner headlight and horn, so I dug out an intact wiring harness, light and horn, out of my parts box and took a pic. It seems this question comes up periodically so I thought I would post the pic and description here to make it easier for someone to find in a future search. It's also in my gallery at https://thecabe.com/forum/media/spaceliner-wiring-jpg.30675/

Spaceliner wiring harness showing all the headlight and horn wires and connection locations. In this pic a toggle switch has replaced a broken light switch in the center of the picture. The pieces for the horn button connection are bundled together on the lower right (button is not in the picture), but this is where the connection to the horn button would be, when assembled. The part on the upper right is the horn, which is normally held in place by a screw inside the tank.

Spaceliner Wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Brent for your help. Your picture above really helped. It is very much appreciated.

Sears SPACELINER Headlight Ring ChromeTechUSA Plastic Chrome Re-Plating

SEARS SPACELINER chrome headlight ring / SPACE JET INTAKE is plastic that is plated to look like mirror-finish chrome. SPACE JET INTAKE / headlight ring is very important, the face of your SPACELINER. Do not waste time and money trying to paint it silver; looks terrible, unworthy. Difficult to find someone who can replate it like old plastic model kits. Send your SPACELINER plastic chrome headlight ring / SPACE JET INTAKE to www.chrometechusa.com for the finest mirror chrome finish available using old vacuum-process for plating plastic. I just did, got mine back from Mr Robert and wow looks like new again. You can read in the reflection! Makes the entire bike look even more amazing. Highly recommend ChromeTechUSA.com for SPACELINER chrome plating.

View attachment 352797
If you don't mind, what kind of $$ did they get for the crome plating of the headlight bezel? I believe they are in Madison correct?

Is the 26 inch 7 tank the same on the 24 inch models? I mean the control panel and battery box?

Any ideas on what year this is? I just bought it last weekend. I looked on the rear drop outs and didn’t see any numbers

C2213A77-06EE-47E1-B7A9-DDF65F0BC496.jpeg

1927B8DA-8EC4-4812-B864-EB3F31F508D5.jpeg

74027B48-0A8F-4FFC-AFD2-FBE5EB51C3BD.jpeg

^^^^
kinda new to spaceliners- why did you buy something like this? I not trying to be a smartass, just wondering. Seems there are plenty of mostly complete bikes out there compared to much older stuff. (The only bike in my livingroom is a Schreckengost Spaceliner)
Thanks

Back