When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wheelmen at Velodrome in Detroit Michigan

-

Rambler

I live for the CABE
The Wheelmen at Velodrome in Detroit Michigan - 02/16/2019.
100.jpg

150.jpg

200.jpg

1903 National Racer

250.jpg

1935 Ingo Bike

300.jpg

1899 Columbia Chainless

350.jpg

1936 Columbia Racer

400.jpg

1900 Cleveland Lozier Racer

450.jpg

1898 Gormully & Jeffery Model 28

500.jpg

1912 Racycle Rideabout

550.jpg

1892 Humber Racing Highwheel & 1891 Pneumatic 52 inch Racing Star

600.jpg

Velodrome in Detroit Michigan

Great photos Tyson!
Did anyone take their wheel for a turn around the boards?

No doubt a few of us would have liked to but they have strict rules about bikes they will allow on the banked racing track. Our antique tires and such didn't qualify. However there is also a non-banked surface track which we were allowed to ride on so a few of us did take our antique bikes for a spin around the velodrome on that track.

Shame, but I guess those old rat traps could make a real mess of that expensive woodwork!
My local track is concrete/tarmac (but not roofed)
No doubt a few of us would have liked to but they have strict rules about bikes they will allow on the banked racing track. Our antique tires and such didn't qualify. However there is also a non-banked surface track which we were allowed to ride on so a few of us did take our antique bikes for a spin around the velodrome on that track.
so hopefully I'll get a green light when it opens for fixies in March.

There is an outdoor velodrome in Bloomer Park in Rochester Michigan. Been to races there in the summer.

Back