The "Where are they now?" thread

This ad disappears when logged in

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 3, 2011
Minneapolis, United States
whaaat ever happened to the guy who had all the restored bikes from the book with the grey covers,lso where did all those bikes go?

cyclingday

Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
I just talked with Martyn aka @Fltwd57 the other day.
He’s doing well, and still has a love of all things classic bikes.
He’s just been super busy with his classic car interests and also spent some time up in Promontory, Utah for the Golden Spike re-enactment.
He showed me some pictures he took of the “Big Boy Locomotive” that was beyond impressive.
So, I’m here to report, that Martyn is alive and well, and having fun.

Balloonatic

I live for the CABE
May 26, 2011
Altadena, CA
Martyn, @Fltwd57 is a fabulous guy... he's an authority on Tucker cars, and has had his hands on more of them than just about anybody. His knowledge of vintage cars and other things vintage is vast and he's a delight to talk to.

Many of the fine folks here on the CABE are a big deal in other circles, or extraordinary craftsmen, but are humble and generous in their contributions to this community. It's nice to see this thread remembering & honoring some of the wonderful people who have contributed over the years. It's up to us to keep their memory alive.

scrubbinrims

Sep 2, 2010
4900 New Kent Rd, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
Maybe fellas that used to contribute on CABE are fading because like me, they aren't finding prewar bicycles anymore.
Craigslist, ebay, fb, antique/thrift stores, flea markets, auctions networking...it's like the good stuff is gone.
You cannot collect what you don't find and the hobby isn't as interesting or exciting to hang around if it isn't fresh.
Chris

Greg M

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sep 25, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
Maybe fellas that used to contribute on CABE are fading because like me, they aren't finding prewar bicycles anymore.
Craigslist, ebay, fb, antique/thrift stores, flea markets, auctions networking...it's like the good stuff is gone.
You cannot collect what you don't find and the hobby isn't as interesting or exciting to hang around if it isn't fresh.
Chris
Nah...
I blame Boris and Vince.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Has anyone in the Cali Cartel been in contact with @Eric since he moved out of California? He moved to Arizona in Feb. and hasn't been back here since. I'd like to get a hold of him.

birdzgarage

I live for the CABE
Oct 30, 2016
Quartz hill ca
Im sure alot of people dont come around because of the idiots that feel the need to make unnecessary comments on every thread.or that post their unrelated pics in other folks threads.just clueless.some people just weren't brought up right i guess.maybe i just expect more out of grown up adults.

buickmike

I live for the CABE
May 26, 2014
Hammond Indiana
This is the only forum ( that I know) where people are constantly talking. For better or worse. Their always somebody ssyin. Something. Not always bike related. I joined a 442- chevelle- old buick- yet when the lack of posting became evident then I logged out. I got to assume the groups share a Facebook page.Since I don't have the app I can't say for sure. Yes I've had posts deleted and pics too but I have the option now of the ignore button as well. I didn't like the stingray crowd but some people love them so its interesting.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture