When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Where are they now?" thread

-
whaaat ever happened to the guy who had all the restored bikes from the book with the grey covers,lso where did all those bikes go?

I just talked with Martyn aka @Fltwd57 the other day.
He’s doing well, and still has a love of all things classic bikes.
He’s just been super busy with his classic car interests and also spent some time up in Promontory, Utah for the Golden Spike re-enactment.
He showed me some pictures he took of the “Big Boy Locomotive” that was beyond impressive.
So, I’m here to report, that Martyn is alive and well, and having fun.

Martyn, @Fltwd57 is a fabulous guy... he's an authority on Tucker cars, and has had his hands on more of them than just about anybody. His knowledge of vintage cars and other things vintage is vast and he's a delight to talk to.

Many of the fine folks here on the CABE are a big deal in other circles, or extraordinary craftsmen, but are humble and generous in their contributions to this community. It's nice to see this thread remembering & honoring some of the wonderful people who have contributed over the years. It's up to us to keep their memory alive.

Maybe fellas that used to contribute on CABE are fading because like me, they aren't finding prewar bicycles anymore.
Craigslist, ebay, fb, antique/thrift stores, flea markets, auctions networking...it's like the good stuff is gone.
You cannot collect what you don't find and the hobby isn't as interesting or exciting to hang around if it isn't fresh.
Chris

Maybe fellas that used to contribute on CABE are fading because like me, they aren't finding prewar bicycles anymore.
Craigslist, ebay, fb, antique/thrift stores, flea markets, auctions networking...it's like the good stuff is gone.
You cannot collect what you don't find and the hobby isn't as interesting or exciting to hang around if it isn't fresh.
Chris

Nah...
I blame Boris and Vince.

Back