When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Where are they now?" thread

-
@filmonger
Sadly passed away last year, and even though I never met the man, and feel like the quality of his posts got condensed once he realized he was living on borrowed time, I miss him dearly.
He was just an interesting guy with a lot of interesting interests.
It doesn’t matter to me who he was out there, because who he was in here, made this a more interesting place.
Phil Scott aka. @shoe3
Also passed away last year.
One of the guys out here, described him as a mentor and father figure.
That right there pretty much tells you how much he meant to the guys that knew him personally.
His passion for this hobby was undying.
So I’m sure his spirit is still here keeping tabs on what’s going on.
Thank you, Phil!
Two people who's contributions helped me so much, so much knowledge and advice, freely given.

I think I'll delete what I wrote here prior to writing this.

Last edited:
chitown

Gary Mc

fordsnake

tommydale1950

View attachment 1024245

sctv1.gif

Being a member on a few auto forums I see the same thing. Members come, and go. But, those that are truly good folks, and a ready to help freely are genuinely missed when they disappear. Just as it has been in the past, it will be in the future. Although with the lack of knowledge ( but I am trying to learn, I promise) I have to impart I don't think I would be one of that would be missed. :) But, isn't that the way of the world.

Phil Scott aka. @shoe3
Also passed away last year.
One of the guys out here, described him as a mentor and father figure.
That right there pretty much tells you how much he meant to the guys that knew him personally.
His passion for this hobby was undying.
So I’m sure his spirit is still here keeping tabs on what’s going on.
Thank you, Phil!
I knew Phil Scott for about 8 years he would come into my store about once a month and we became good friends early on he was telling me about a Dayton Bicycles and I told him I would love to see a picture of his.
a month later he brought down his Dayton Bicycle he restored and gave it to me for a Christmas present he was the most selfless person I have ever met.

Back