When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wife's new '36 American Flyer!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The chain looks good on that! Great job on the bike!
Good morning Gully!
Thank you! This is the first bike that I was payed to build. The bikes I’ve been building have been a real hit in my local community. This bike was given to me and was called too rusty to repair and just a parts bike. When my buddy saw it he asked me to build it for him. I was surprised by that since he is a bike builder. He builds the modern cruiser’s so on this bike that modern white chain seemed appropriate. We also used a two speed kickback rear hub and a 52 tooth custom made front sprocket. Also used a repop phantom rack that I aged to match, a set of girl stingray bars, and an early post war girls seat. So that’s why I called it a rustomod. Lol It was a fun build!

32CC0032-FFE2-4A0A-A98B-787FA5D5E635.jpeg

66319A01-F2E9-40A8-8386-154769106083.jpeg

Good morning Gully!
Thank you! This is the first bike that I was payed to build. The bikes I’ve been building have been a real hit in my local community. This bike was given to me and was called too rusty to repair and just a parts bike. When my buddy saw it he asked me to build it for him. I was surprised by that since he is a bike builder. He builds the modern cruiser’s so on this bike that modern white chain seemed appropriate. We also used a two speed kickback rear hub and a 52 tooth custom made front sprocket. Also used a repop phantom rack that I aged to match, a set of girl stingray bars, and an early post war girls seat. So that’s why I called it a rustomod. Lol It was a fun build!

View attachment 1825913

View attachment 1825915
Good morning to you as well!

When the chain gets a touch of patina that will be perfect! I like the look of the rustomod! I'm mostly sticking to the OG look for now. I am a rat rod guy at heart and I did find some some cool 2.5 wide tires to build around. Sounds funny how tires are the base of a build, but I find good ideas sometimes come from the last thing you would top a build off with. I did that sort of thing with a few other builds. Keep up the good work!! 😎

Lmao! I couldn’t agree with you more on that chain! I already took my torch to it to darken it up! It was as white as the seat! Your wife’s bike is way to nice and what you did to it was perfect! Not crazy at all to build based off of a tire choice! I completely understand that! Tires can be a make it or break it for the whole over all appearance of the bike! Can’t wait to see what you are building!

I found a Dangerlite a few weeks ago and decided to add it to her bike... for now anyway. It was NOS so it isn't a patina match but still looks pretty cool! I had a teacup light on there but I can't seem to get any battery tubes to fit the frame well.

20231021_184638a.jpg

20231021_184333a.jpg

Back