When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold The Worst Saddle in the World (white vinyl Troxel)

-
Price
$20 + $15 shipping
Zipcode

cudak888

Look Ma, No Hands!
This Troxel saddle came off my recently-acquired Mk.1 Moulton (thread at BF C&V here, for those curious) and I believe it is the Saddle of Much Pain model. It is not the original to the bike, based on the catalogs, and I'm glad the good Dr. Moulton did not specify it, as it is singlehandedly the worst piece of garbage I've ever sat on, including that solid rock that Pacific put on every Wal-Mart bicycle shaped object from 10 years ago.

This saddle's era is unknown, but I assume it hails from roughly the fieriest depths of hell imaginable. The pattern of the stamped-steel Torture Platform below the Vinyl of Much Displeasure is curved in such a way to be too flat and wide around the sit bones, resulting in the saddle itself getting in the way of your inner thigh during pedal downstroke, if set to the proper height. It's quite literally designed only to be ridden two feet too low to be usable (which rather sums up mid-century America's approach to the bicycle as being nothing more than a kid's toy, I think).

So if NFTs aren't your bag and you want to own something made from the same material as a landau top and just as useless, send 20 of your hard earned dollars to me - along with an additional 15 for Louis DeJoy to use as his personal toilet paper - so you can own your very own piece of white vinyl bicycle malaise from your favorite tovarich in Moscow, Tennessee, the Troxel Butt Hatchet Company.

PayComrade or Moscow Order accepted.

This Troxel saddle came off my recently-acquired Mk.1 Moulton (thread at BF C&V here, for those curious) and I believe it is the Saddle of Much Pain model. It is not the original to the bike, based on the catalogs, and I'm glad the good Dr. Moulton did not specify it, as it is singlehandedly the worst piece of garbage I've ever sat on, including that solid rock that Pacific put on every Wal-Mart bicycle shaped object from 10 years ago.

This saddle's era is unknown, but I assume it hails from roughly the fieriest depths of hell imaginable. The pattern of the stamped-steel Torture Platform below the Vinyl of Much Displeasure is curved in such a way to be too flat and wide around the sit bones, resulting in the saddle itself getting in the way of your inner thigh during pedal downstroke, if set to the proper height. It's quite literally designed only to be ridden two feet too low to be usable (which rather sums up mid-century America's approach to the bicycle as being nothing more than a kid's toy, I think).

So if NFTs aren't your bag and you want to own something made from the same material as a landau top and just as useless, send 20 of your hard earned dollars to me - along with an additional 15 for Louis DeJoy to use as his personal toilet paper - so you can own your very own piece of white vinyl bicycle malaise from your favorite tovarich in Moscow, Tennessee, the Troxel Butt Hatchet Company.

PayComrade or Moscow Order accepted.

View attachment 1753565

View attachment 1753566

View attachment 1753567

View attachment 1753568

View attachment 1753569

View attachment 1753570

View attachment 1753571

View attachment 1753572
Bravo !! Hahahaha 🤣😂😆

Honestly, I was on the verge of putting it in the scrap metal pile, but figured I'd funnel the adrenaline of irritation into comedy :)

-Kurt
Absolutely splendid - leave it up I’m trying not to buy it, hang it up and laugh ? Or I’d run it lol & laugh my ars off 😂

Back