When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theft alert!

-
Thieves are pathetic losers that need to be disposed of. Any clues and did anybody see anything? Were all the bikes unattended?

I've told this story before, but probably not on this forum. My girlfriend lived in Wrigleyville in Chicago and used to store her rider Schwinn Middleweight girls bike that i built for her under the stairs leading up to her apartment. One night it was raining and she decided not to lock it. So of course it's gone the next morning. She tells me this on a Thursday. On that Saturday, we're driving around on our thrift store route, and what do we see up ahead riding with us in traffic? A homeless guy riding her bike! I pulled over to cut him off and I thought my girlfriend (who is extremely non-violent) was going to kill this guy. She grabbed her bike away from him and ripped all of the crap he had hanging off the bike and threw it into the street :). We then threw the bike into the back of the car and took off.

So hopefully your story will have as happy of an ending.

It's a great bike to steal, I mean you can ride that thing around totally incognito...... (shaking my head)

Back