When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're still out there...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Someone got a really good deal on that bike. Wish I had seen it and had been the lucky new owner.
JKent

Almost done

dayton-1.jpg

Hello Chris;
I was wonderring who bought it?
And all my congratulations, you did a great job!
Serge

Thanks Serge,
Since I took the photo, I recovered the saddle. It was my first time recovering one of these saddles. I did an ok job, I think good enough for a field hospital. I found an original tool bag, I already had the lock, and I am working on the pump. More photos soon. I am looking for a replacement crank. The original one that is on it is use-able, but has the right pedal axle brazed into it.
Chris

Hello Chris;
Good news!
You were very lucky that day.
Howard GORDON had just put the annoucement for a quarter of an hour that i saw it at work but i had to take care of a client who had just arrived and i could not answer the ad in time , 500 USD i cursed this CLIENT that day!
Serge

Your story reminds me of a time at Eroica California a couple of years ago. I had just met a new French friend named Valentin. We were riding down a gravely dirt road and I crashed into a rut. While I was still on the ground, lying in the rut, I asked him how to say f**k in French. He told me to say m**rd.

I did get lucky with this one, it looked so bad in the for sale picture and I am so happy in how it is coming back to life. While I was removing the paint, I discovered that it was GI Joe's bike.

Hello;
Yes Chris, I understand you, that in seeing the old photos and the one of now, i am verypleasantly surprised by the work you did, as you say at home: he arrived in a very very good house!
Serge

Back