When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about making repop hand grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
grips

I received the grips this week and I am working the tooling drawn up to make the grips. I have one question for for now. What do you think about having the grips say GRIP WELLS instead of GRIP WELL so as to help avoid any legal issues and to help keep them from being passed off as originals?

Elgin grips

Would anyone be interested in the pointed Elgin Style grips in different colors such as blue, green, red? Or is that just to much of a stretch?

I received the grips this week and I am working the tooling drawn up to make the grips. I have one question for for now. What do you think about having the grips say GRIP WELLS instead of GRIP WELL so as to help avoid any legal issues and to help keep them from being passed off as originals?

I would say that would be a deal killer for some of us. I wouldn't use them if not accurate. However, very rarely can you not tell an original from a repop.

As far as making them with and without the hole for the horn, I would only make the closed version. They would be easy enough to convert. The key on the gripwell is the end is about 1/2" thick. (maybe more) The more accurate the repop the higher price it will maintain.

I'm way late on this thread however if someone reproduced any standard ball end, coke bottle etc grips in a pre-war red rubber they would sell like hot cakes. BUT they can't feel like plastic or feel like a sponge. They would need to feel and look like good ole american made rubber...AND not stink like some of the smelly repop pedal blocks LOL

Progress

These grips are off to the design department at my buddies, last week he said they could do them within the next month (sigh). Then I have to check there work and then they can cut the steel. It's going just slower than originally planned. Here is what I'm looking at making repops of right now.
004.jpg

I would really like to see you repop these grips..I would buy a pair for each of my bikes.....

snoopy.jpg

These grips are off to the design department at my buddies, last week he said they could do them within the next month (sigh). Then I have to check there work and then they can cut the steel. It's going just slower than originally planned. Here is what I'm looking at making repops of right now.
View attachment 50465

Nice selection! Anxious to see the final product! :)

Back