When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This bike really Flies !!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
What a cool Pic. Anybody got ideas on the bike / motorbike?

What a photograph! Incredibly cool. I wonder if he had another rack on the other side of the flying machine for his passenger.

And notice the prop is spinning, the plane is standing up against its wheel blocks.
Might have to get RPM and power up to take off with such weight.
Also, its not a radial engine and seems to be sheet metal sheathing as opposed to the earlier lacquered cloth.
I'll bet we could figure this whole pic out.
Im gonna guess Fokker airplane, just what comes to mind, but the bike?
I think I see a shifter...

Great photo! Having built dozens of WWI aircraft models when I was young I have to say that one stumps me. Looks German like a Hanover or Junkers nose but not quite. Maybe post war early 20s. Defiantly a wooden framed doped fabric covered wing and looks like the fuselage is also fabric behind the engine cowling. Maybe someone who was a professional barnstormer.

This British plane looks similar in design. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-rare-vintage-World-War-British-aircraft.html.

Back