When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This can be deleted. Thanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have searched this site and other online resources to try to determine pricing. They don't come up for sale too often in any condition, so there wasn't much in the way of recent sales to base it on. But if sales over the past years in relation to condition is any indication, then I think I'm offering it at a fair price.
I bought this with the intention of using it. I was going to build a bike around it. I toyed with designs and ideas for a few years. Eventually I came to the conclusion that none of my ideas were worth putting into use an unused example of this rare chainring.The box is a bit rough, but all there, and most of the imagery is good on the box. This chainring has never been used, but has been around awhile. I don't see any peppering, but it is dusty and maybe slightly dulled from age. Wiping it with just my thumb made it shine considerably. I would recommend chrome polish just to refresh it. There are a few very minor nicks. The mechs work good, and it should function amazingly on a bike, should you choose to be the one to use it.
I get that these are a bit of a novelty. But having it in such good shape, unused, and with the original packaging makes it a little sweeter for your collection. It has the patent number on it, and I went to the online patent registry and printed pictures and info, and had it displayed with the part for some time. It is what it is, and $180 puts it at your door.
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0562.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG

I have searched this site and other online resources to try to determine pricing. They don't come up for sale too often in any condition, so there wasn't much in the way of recent sales to base it on. But if sales over the past years in relation to condition is any indication, then I think I'm offering it at a fair price.
I bought this with the intention of using it. I was going to build a bike around it. I toyed with designs and ideas for a few years. Eventually I came to the conclusion that none of my ideas were worth putting into use an unused example of this rare chainring.The box is a bit rough, but all there, and most of the imagery is good on the box. This chainring has never been used, but has been around awhile. I don't see any peppering, but it is dusty and maybe slightly dulled from age. Wiping it with just my thumb made it shine considerably. I would recommend chrome polish just to refresh it. There are a few very minor nicks. The mechs work good, and it should function amazingly on a bike, should you choose to be the one to use it.
I get that these are a bit of a novelty. But having it in such good shape, unused, and with the original packaging makes it a little sweeter for your collection. It has the patent number on it, and I went to the online patent registry and printed pictures and info, and had it displayed with the part for some time. It is what it is, and $180 puts it at your door.View attachment 766533 View attachment 766534 View attachment 766535 View attachment 766536
Any idea on how this works? Looks Cool for sure.....

Any idea on how this works? Looks Cool for sure.....
On further observation, I'm assuming the lever extends the circumference of the chain ring/sprocket, thus a "second gear" per se. Wouldn't the lever hit the chainguard? Would the rider have to stop the bike to "flick" the switch? I dunno....maybe I'm in orbit here with my thoughts?

The mechanism adjusts the crank pin position relative to the oval sprocket. Feels like two gears.

Very cool. I have a modern version of this, a "Yankee" from the 1990's. It is made of nylon and has 7 positions (gears).

Can anyone post a picture of this center washer/bearing assembly? I'm not even sure what to be looking for. I have a feeling that I don't have it. But then again, I looked at several that have sold, and didn't even know that the center washer existed, so they must be quick to disappear.

The patent pictures don't show anything. I will read through the patent when I get home from work this evening, and see if anything is described.

Back