When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This guy has no clue...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikermaniac

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Harley Davidson? Indian? he is lost.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=122885422345
s-l1600.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HELLA Co.
Sal Windmüller founded the company in 1899 under the name Westfälische Metall-Industrie Aktien-Gesellschaft (WMI) to produce ball horns and candles and kerosene lamps for carriages.

Hella's name first appeared in 1908 as a trademark for acetylene headlights. In 1923, the manufacturing family Lüdenscheider Hueck took over the majority of the shares. The name “Hella” was included in the company name in 1986. The most likely explanation for the Hella brand is attributed to Sal Windmüller: He wanted to honour his wife Helen, in short Hella, and also wanted to use the playful association between this name and the German word hell (bright).

After World War II the company started to expand, so that in 1951 the first subsidiary company was founded in Wembach. Today HELLA has six different production manufactures in Germany, which are located in Lippstadt, Bremen, Recklinghausen, Hamm (Bockum-Hövel), Nellingen and Wembach."

*********************************************************************************************

From Harley Davidson Forum:
Hella headlight question
I just purchased a '10 street glide that has a Hella headlight. As a rule I never ride at night. I don't like the way it looks, so I went to swap it out with the stock headlight that the prior owner gave me. Does the Hella have its' own wiring harness permenantly attached to the bulb? I have taken it out twice and tried to remove the bulb attachment (plug) and can't. I have changed bulbs on Harleys in the past and it is just a 3 prong female plug that plugs in to the bulb.

HELP!

thanks guys
-------------------------
Reply:
"Why would you want to change back to the stock headlamp unit, which has a plastic reflector, that produces an inferior beam pattern, and hence poorer visibility. I changed to a Hella headlight for this reason. Throw in a superior bulb (I have a Phillips +80), and you will have a really good beam pattern at night, and you will be more visible during the day!
Check out the thread Daniel Stern Lighting. He advocates a Cibie unit, but I had difficulty locating one. Hella, Bosch and Cibie all make superior products.
The headlamp units are a standard car unit, and accept H4 bulbs."

*********************************************************************************************
The title on eBay listing for this item reads as:

"Vintage Hella Front Fender Light Harley Davidson Indian WLA Panhead knucklehead"

I believe this seller knows what he is selling.
He probably meant that the Hella light will work on Harley & Indian bikes.

But, I have seen other sellers on eBay use titles such as "vintage Schwinn Columbia" bicycle.:laughing:

Last edited:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HELLA Co.
Sal Windmüller founded the company in 1899 under the name Westfälische Metall-Industrie Aktien-Gesellschaft (WMI) to produce ball horns and candles and kerosene lamps for carriages.

Hella's name first appeared in 1908 as a trademark for acetylene headlights. In 1923, the manufacturing family Lüdenscheider Hueck took over the majority of the shares. The name “Hella” was included in the company name in 1986. The most likely explanation for the Hella brand is attributed to Sal Windmüller: He wanted to honour his wife Helen, in short Hella, and also wanted to use the playful association between this name and the German word hell (bright).

After World War II the company started to expand, so that in 1951 the first subsidiary company was founded in Wembach. Today HELLA has six different production manufactures in Germany, which are located in Lippstadt, Bremen, Recklinghausen, Hamm (Bockum-Hövel), Nellingen and Wembach."

From Harley Davidson Forum:
Hella headlight question
I just purchased a '10 street glide that has a Hella headlight. As a rule I never ride at night. I don't like the way it looks, so I went to swap it out with the stock headlight that the prior owner gave me. Does the Hella have its' own wiring harness permenantly attached to the bulb? I have taken it out twice and tried to remove the bulb attachment (plug) and can't. I have changed bulbs on Harleys in the past and it is just a 3 prong female plug that plugs in to the bulb.

HELP!

thanks guys
-------------------------
Reply:
"Why would you want to change back to the stock headlamp unit, which has a plastic reflector, that produces an inferior beam pattern, and hence poorer visibility. I changed to a Hella headlight for this reason. Throw in a superior bulb (I have a Phillips +80), and you will have a really good beam pattern at night, and you will be more visible during the day!
Check out the thread Daniel Stern Lighting. He advocates a Cibie unit, but I had difficulty locating one. Hella, Bosch and Cibie all make superior products.
The headlamp units are a standard car unit, and accept H4 bulbs."

The title on eBay listing for this item reads as:

"Vintage Hella Front Fender Light Harley Davidson Indian WLA Panhead knucklehead"

I believe this seller knows what he is selling.
He probably meant that the Hella light will work on Harley & Indian bikes.

But, I have seen other sellers on eBay use titles such as "vintage Schwinn Columbia" bicycle.:laughing:

This is not a headlight, but one thing I agree with, Hella Bosch and Cibie makes superior products...:D

Last edited:
Back