When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This HAS TO STOP! Now a 1960 Raleigh Sports w/Dnohub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Hello again birthday lad!

Wonder if it has occurred to you that the klaxon is worthy o' thine namesake. :rolleyes:

Noted presence of BB lubrication port. As I am a non wading bird expert, can you tell me the year this feature disappears?

-----

-----

Hello again birthday lad!

Wonder if it has occurred to you that the klaxon is worthy o' thine namesake. :rolleyes:

Noted presence of BB lubrication port. As I am a non wading bird expert, can you tell me the year this feature disappears?

-----

I have no idea as to when the BB port was taken out of existence on the Raleigh's. Maybe mine is the last year, who knows. Another cost saving feature, I'm sure, to keep the Pence down. :eek: Maybe @SirMike1983 knows?...

And yes...maybe I'll have to do a "Harpo" and leave the Condor horn on there.:D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

My '63 sports has bb oil port but my '65 does not. Here's my all original '65 (only tires replaced) which also has locking fork (it was stand alone option for year or so). I believe it's the same color as yours! Happy birthday ! Steve

IMG_0715.PNG

IMG_0904.JPG

Just noticed something. The rear reflector on my bike has a black outer casing like all of my Rudge bikes, not the white (cream) like all the Raleigh's usually do. Something they did because this was a high end Sports?

-----

I've got it!

With regards to Fred's embarrassment of heronic riches I think we should find him a flashing neon sign to mount on the front of his residence saying "Teeside Industries Here" or somesuch. And below that a cloth banner proclaiming "WE SPEAK HERON."

Oops, he might not be able to get approval for such a thing from Longobardi... :worried:

-----

I don't think so. I have two '63 sports . One Deluxe with dynohub lighting set and one standard sports . They both have white rear reflector housings. All bikes I have seen from 1950s have black housings and all bikes I've seen have from 1962 and later had white.

Here's the CONDOR horn I removed from the bike. I'm assuming that this would be a dealer installed item from when the bike was originally purchased new. All the ones I've seen have the round rubber bulb, not the shape this one has.

IMG_3474.JPG

-----

Interesting how the bends look like a miniature french horn or tuba.

You've really got her shined up there Fred! :grinning:

Have not seen another with this bulb shape.

-----

Back