When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is an off/set axel, Indo-type, Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
I couldn't download videos of this bike in action but facebook/Ray Spangler Schaumburg has two. The picture doesn't show the violence that can be applied to the front fork, spokes and axel when this bike is raced. When building this bucking/galloping bike the front fork needs to be extended and the top rear part of the frame widened. These 24 Inch wheels were off/set 1 3/4 inches using a wooden jig. The slop-welded, modern Schwinn fork and frame are both 26 ". The repo. Phantom chrome fenders were powder coated and the braces had to be extended. The altered (post added) seat is from a modern Whizzer and it looks strange but Captan and the Boys need the padding when the bucking gets serious. I took it on a high speed downhill run to test it's strength. It was an exciting rodeo-type ride.

IMG_5165.JPG

Last edited:
Back