When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is the tallest bike I've ever seen

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
H
00g0g_7awQMH94dC8_600x450.jpg

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/bik/d/vintage-schwinn-sports-tour/6744380473.html

This has got to be a 27" frame

I have yet to find a motorcycle that is unridable, my 29” inseam not withstanding. But there’s no way I could ride that for any distance.

Yep the Japanese & Taiwan 12 speeds were built in 27” but the black with gold trim Schwinn continental was built in a true 28” & I think some Puch’s were available in a 29”.

Once they get up in that size they start to look goofey and out of proportion. With larger wheel sizes being released these tall bikes can look a lot better.

When I was kid after probably 8th grade, I wanted what I considered a adult schwinn 10 speed really bad. Being the practical guy my dad was, and knowing I would soon hit a growth spurt. He bought me a varsity for I think Christmas and at the time I was not even able to reach the pedals. A good amount of time passed before I was actually able to ride it. I still have it, it does fits me perfect now and I'm happy he had the foresight and I could still ride it today. I will keep it forever or at least until I can't ride anymore. Then when the time comes, I will pass it down to one of his grand or hopefully great grand children.

I was semi-upset with him at the time, (Happy to have the bike / Disappointed I could not ride it), but I'm glad he did not buy me the bike in the original photo. He did this many times over the years on Christmas, purchased me a compound bow I could not pull back, and also gave me a rifle that is still in his possession, and to this day claims its his. I'm sure he will give it to me for real one day. I know I'm right as I remember the expression on my moms face when I unwrapped it.

I was the only kid in the class who got to say I got a rifle for Christmas , and as a 12-14 year old boy I thought that was pretty cool. it was probably right around the same time I learned how to shoot one as a boy scout.

Last edited:
Back