When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Makes No Sense Whatsoever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ridingtoy

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Why in the world would you want to just sell the seat off a rare 1930s tricycle that's complete and in decent shape??? It doesn't even appear they are parting it out completely because there are no other parts listed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TRO...Structures_US&hash=item58a6b34cbc#ht_54wt_909

I know, this is the same old issue collectors have when someone starts parting out a rare bicycle that's also complete, or even pretty nearly so, just to maximize profits without even giving someone a chance to buy it whole. Still a shame, regardless of whether it's an old adult bike or child's trike. :(

EDIT: Double YIKES!!! He's doing the same thing to two old 1930s tricycles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-JUN...Structures_US&hash=item58a6b39bd0#ht_70wt_909

Though I think he's got the wrong name for the second one. It appears to be an early Velo King before they went to the destinctive pointed, ribbed head design.

Dave

Last edited:
What a shame, Dave. Your trikes are no different then our bikes, they oughtta be kept together, there is no earthly reason to tear off a perfectly good seat from a trike after the two have been together 80 years. Seeing stuff like that is enough to make a grown man cry.

Now I see some of the other parts are listed. Guess the seller didn't want to bother with shipping a large riding toy.

Dave

Beautiful trike, that's really ashamed. He's parting a Westfield Corsair bike piece by piece too.

Why I'd post an appropriate video pertaining to this sort of wantant tomfoolery, but the last time I did that it caused a big stink and the CABE'r that started the thread was threatened with legal action from the guy that had the ebay listing :eek:

So I guess I had better not do that again.

pap

Back