When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This may be too much of a personal question to ask

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The problem with putting a value on my " Collection" is that it is always changing . I also am having a hard time as to which bikes are actually in the collection. Then the next dilemma is what about all those darn accessories............are they part of my collection ? It's kinda like " If the train don't stop , how can i finish paying for the ride " It just can't be answered . 😂

But here goes, what do you estimate the value of your bike collection is?
I myself do not have collection. I get bikes that are given to me or buy very
Inexpensive fix them up give away or sell for what I have in them.
I like working on bikes that’s all.
But here goes, what do you estimate the value of your bike collection is?
I myself do not have collection. I get bikes that are given to me or buy very
Inexpensive fix them up give away or sell for what I have in them.
I like working on bikes that’s all.
Yup. Too personal of a question.🤣🤣

Good question! The only way to find out is to sell them.. Some I would make money on but most of them I would probably have to part out to break even.. The one question I always get whenever I show someone my collection is .. What do you do with them when you get them all fixed up.. Do you ever sell them.. I just say most collectors are like me.. Trying to find an original bike and clean them up to make them rideable again.. Would be lucky to break even at that point so I just hold on to them.. Hope to sell them all before I pass on so my kids don’t have to deal with them all..Some of my bikes are worth a hundred bucks and some over a thousand.. So I figure 3-$400 per bike and add em up 🤗

Last edited:
Glad to see no one is willing to reveal anything personal about themselves in the answers they give!! Parenthetically, 500k Thai Baht.

Glad to see no one is willing to reveal anything personal about themselves in the answers they give!! Parenthetically, 500k Thai Baht.

I have no freaking idea what my collection is worth. If I stated a price on the value, it would be a topic for an argument. And I don't have any numbers to back up my claim, I quit keeping track of what I've spent years ago because I don't want to know. 🤣

Last edited:
Unlike a lot of members here, I am not a collector. I am flipper and usually never have more than three bikes at a time. More often than not, two at a time. Most get cosmetics and sold and some get parted out. I never buy anything I don't connect with or wouldn't mind getting stuck with. ( has never happened ) After about my third bike or so I am always on house money and never co mingle the funds. I usually purchase in the $100 to $300 range but after you flip a few of those for $250 to $450 on average, you are all clear after that. So I have no inventory, love looking for the bargains, It keeps me active, a lot of bikes remind me of simpler time ( I am 76 ) and I probably clear $3K a year doing it. Started doing this in 2004 so at 58 I got a late start. I am just a little fish in this giant pond and really enjoy the Big Guns threads, knowledge, pictures and stories.

Back