When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This may be too much of a personal question to ask

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unlike a lot of members here, I am not a collector. I am flipper and usually never have more than three bikes at a time. More often than not, two at a time. Most get cosmetics and sold and some get parted out. I never buy anything I don't connect with or wouldn't mind getting stuck with. ( has never happened ) After about my third bike or so I am always on house money and never co mingle the funds. I usually purchase in the $100 to $300 range but after you flip a few of those for $250 to $450 on average, you are all clear after that. So I have no inventory, love looking for the bargains, It keeps me active, a lot of bikes remind me of simpler time ( I am 76 ) and I probably clear $3K a year doing it. Started doing this in 2004 so at 58 I got a late start. I am just a little fish in this giant pond and really enjoy the Big Guns threads, knowledge, pictures and stories.

You and I think a lot alike, I’m 78YO. I have three bikes at the moment for sale no one is buying. In this part of the country vintage bikes don’t mean much. I had this bike and offered it for as low as $50 and not even a counter offer was made.

00BBBF27-1031-45C8-B0CE-26602CE8CE85.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I'm with you Eeapo. I just turned 70 and just enjoy working on bikes. Saving them and getting them back to someone who can use them. I have donated a lot to a fellow who raises money for cancer research. And given many to small kids over the years. I have about a dozen around that have sentimental value, including my first Schwinn as a child. I came with nothing and I'll leave with nothing.

I think you are going to find that most "collections" of whatever have 2 values the internal inflated price within the hobby and the true price when you try to sell the stuff outside of the hobby.

see the ladies Schwinn above in eeapo comments.

Last edited:
I think you are going to find that most "collections" of whatever have 2 values the internal inflated price within the hobby and the true price when you try to sell the stuff outside of the hobby.

see the ladies Schwinn above in eeapo comments.
The inverse can just as easily apply though. An educated collector will usually not make a purchase on an inflated priced item. On the other hand, take a antique shop for example, these places usually inflate prices hoping to hook the uninitiated.

For this group, I would think 2 - 6 figures covers the range with some exceptions on both ends. The potential and realized monetary value is always a moving target and actual disclosure could invite unwanted interest. Of course "value" is open to interpretation.

But here goes, what do you estimate the value of your bike collection is?
I myself do not have collection. I get bikes that are given to me or buy very
Inexpensive fix them up give away or sell for what I have in them.
I like working on bikes that’s all.
Yup, too much to ask too personal to be posted out on the web.

Back