When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This never happens. Old Elgin

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Boy , this bike just keeps getting better ! I really think the black handlebars tied in great with the rest of the bike. Really good work saving this bike . Thanks for sharing the story and all the pictures. I dig it ! 🤓 👍
Thank you Curtis. I am Lucky to have friends that have bike issues like myself, that provide inspiration with their style of builds.

Very interesting Emblem/Elgin motobike for sure, looks happy now it's resurrected. Emblem must have secured some part of that contract with Sears & Rbk to make those 36/7 Alemite-fitting, drop-stand frames of near identical appearance. Westfield would have had no say about S&R penning a late deal for discounted Emblem frames & forks about the same time Emblem was struggling? Frame #506523 is later for Emblem and most likely 1937. It was finally kaput in early 40's? See also excellent Emblem link below referencing a deal with Sears.

Last edited:
Very interesting Emblem motobike for sure, looks happy now it’s' resurrected. Emblem must have secured some part of that contract with Sears & Rbk to make those 36/7 Alemite-fitting, drop-stand frames of near identical appearance. Westfield had no say about S&R penning a late deal for discounted Emblem frames & forks. About the same time Emblem was out? Frame #506523 is late in wethe game for Emblem it seems and certainly 1937 at the latest.
This whole bike was a learning experience. One of cooler aspects of this one for me. A pleasant surprise with an education.

Very interesting Emblem/Elgin motobike for sure, looks happy now it's resurrected. Emblem must have secured some part of that contract with Sears & Rbk to make those 36/7 Alemite-fitting, drop-stand frames of near identical appearance. Westfield would have had no say about S&R penning a late deal for discounted Emblem frames & forks about the same time Emblem was struggling? Frame #506523 is later for Emblem and most likely 1937. It was finally kaput in early 40's? See also excellent Emblem link below referencing a deal with Sears.
My Mom and brother live about 40 miles south of Angola. I found the location of the original factory. its been partially torn down. Im going to do some hunting and

research next time I am back that way.

Back