When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one found me. 80 or 81?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you so much. I enjoyed going to your shop on weekends, and then riding through Polliwog Park on my way back home. It’s been through many owners since, and I was sad to see it go. I’m trying to recreate that ‘79 Spitfire, but I only have red. I wish I could stumble upon a blue all original ‘79 Spitfire...any friendly advice?

View attachment 1377287

View attachment 1377288

View attachment 1377290

View attachment 1377291

Keep an eye on the LA Craigslist, I see bikes pop up there all the time.

You can even find one on Ebay from time to time. I found this KLUNKER 5 from my old shop on Ebay, and chances are that I pulled it out of the box an assembled it for the sales floor back in the day. It was pretty thrashed when I got it, and the only reason I purchased it was because it came from my old shop!

Here are the before and after pics:

Keep an eye on the LA Craigslist, I see bikes pop up there all the time.

You can even find one on Ebay from time to time. I found this KLUNKER 5 from my old shop on Ebay, and chances are that I pulled it out of the box an assembled it for the sales floor back in the day. It was pretty thrashed when I got it, and the only reason I purchased it was because it came from my old shop!

Here are the before and after pics:

View attachment 1377537

View attachment 1377539

View attachment 1377540
Most appreciated. Will do. Thank you. You wouldn’t happen to have any of those Aviation Cyclery stickers laying around, would you?

Most appreciated. Will do. Thank you. You wouldn’t happen to have any of those Aviation Cyclery stickers laying around, would you?

The only 2 shop stickers I have are on bikes! One is on that KLUNKER 5 and the other is on an XR-6 Exercycle that my late mother gave me years ago before she passed away. I built this bike in late 1980 and my dad purchased it for my mom as a Christmas present. She keep it all those years, until she finally gave it to me almost 20 years ago.

Ha...that excercise bike is great! My mom had one. I believe she bought it from you, and all the bike was good for was a place to throw her clothes. Thank you for checking on the stickers.

This one sure got around, maybe 3 owners since sold here on the cabe.

$1,000

Schwinn Chicago Made​

Newport Beach, CA

Local pickup (25 miles away)
Posted 22 hours ago in Sports & outdoors

SchwinNick (228)

Make offerAsk

Save

Used (normal wear)

1980 cruiser deluxe very rare too much to list
All original 100% I sell complete bikes
Please let’s not waste each other’s time