When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those were the days antique store, Tempe Arizona

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Biker Bob

On Training Wheels
I lived in Tempe from 1995-2002. There was an antique shop in downtown Tempe called "those were the days"
There was a cool bicycle hanging from the ceiling, on the tank was a car, very art deco styling! I took a picture of the bike and the tank,
but not the headbadge or chainguard. Can anyone identify the bike or if you have one post a really clear picture of the car on the tank? thanks!

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811 (2).JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

I lived in Tempe from 2004 til essentially 2008. Where was this shop located? Never heard of it!

That's a 50s Huffy, but serial number and serial number location would be needed to know what year. That would also confirm it's Huffy origins. It appears to have some other badge. Maybe Western Flyer? Is it 24 inch?

EDIT: Here's a 58 Huffy-built Western Flyer from another thread that looks right.

wf-1-jpg.jpg

Thread is here:

Last edited:
I lived in Tempe from 2004 til essentially 2008. Where was this shop located? Never heard of it!
516 South Mill Avenue, west side of the street, just south of the post office. they had a very sweet cat named Homer that would wonder the store.

516 South Mill Avenue, west side of the street, just south of the post office. they had a very sweet cat named Homer that would wonder the store.
I wondered if it was on Mill Ave. Rent would now be WAAAY too high there now to have such a store...

I believe that the auto was a Western Auto Western Flyer thing; not sure if some might call it a Bonneville racer(?)

I really miss the Fat Tire Festivals in Tempe. We had Fat tire Festivals in Austin but I think they quit coming around 2014.

Back