• Please take a moment to read the new post TRADING SAFETY. It contains important information for those who use the classified ads for buying and selling.

Thought it was a 53 Spitfire!!

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up and the serial number on the bottom bracket is H26877. Thought it was a 53 blue Spitfire but the rear frame shape is throwing me. I seem to recall that shape headbadge also but no luck so far. I know you guys will know all this in a heartbeat. Messinger seat Morrow hub skiptooth funky kickstand.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG

051.JPG

bloo

Finally riding a big boys bike
Prewar. Morrow hub might have a date code. Crank might be dated. Looks like the badge is there, why not clean it up ad see what it says? H sounds like 1941 according to this:

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
1941 SpitSomeFire. Where did you find this! :eek: There were a few badges with that outline. Can you make out any markings on it, I sure can't. Admiral maybe?

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Ok on the hub Under the Eclipse lettering

K1 36 13

Can't make out anything on the badge. Kinda looks like a gold reverse V near the top

055.JPG

BFGforme

riding a'41 BF Goodrich deluxe autocycle deluxe
Could be wrong, but doesn't look like the bottom hole in badge doesn't match the frame hole. Looks like it's been on this bike forever though..... anyone else see it? Nice patina!

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
That's great! I love those badges. I have a little history of Lazarus starting on page 165 of the book called "The Many Faces of Schwinn Volume I" I wrote about the many dealer badges found on Schwinn bicycles. Barry

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Got the badge wet and that is definitely a plane like Barry said and it is the right shape badge. Further Lazarus was a department store here in Columbus OH and I think I see that lettering also

View attachment 1295858

With the plane being gold, would that indicate a reverse paint/markings from the one Barry posted?

Ernbar

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Could be wrong, but doesn't look like the bottom hole in badge doesn't match the frame hole. Looks like it's been on this bike forever though..... anyone else see it? Nice patina!

Was gonna point out the same thing about the bottom hole on the badge not matching the frame hole. I also think I see the ears for the rear drop stand.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Was gonna point out the same thing about the bottom hole on the badge not matching the frame hole. I also think I see the ears for the rear drop stand.
There are no ears this bike came with a kickstand. V/r Shawn