When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought it was a 53 Spitfire!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up and the serial number on the bottom bracket is H26877. Thought it was a 53 blue Spitfire but the rear frame shape is throwing me. I seem to recall that shape headbadge also but no luck so far. I know you guys will know all this in a heartbeat. Messinger seat Morrow hub skiptooth funky kickstand.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG

051.JPG

Prewar. Morrow hub might have a date code. Crank might be dated. Looks like the badge is there, why not clean it up ad see what it says? H sounds like 1941 according to this:

1941 SpitSomeFire. Where did you find this! :eek: There were a few badges with that outline. Can you make out any markings on it, I sure can't. Admiral maybe?

Ok on the hub Under the Eclipse lettering

K1 36 13

Can't make out anything on the badge. Kinda looks like a gold reverse V near the top

055.JPG

Could be wrong, but doesn't look like the bottom hole in badge doesn't match the frame hole. Looks like it's been on this bike forever though..... anyone else see it? Nice patina!

That's great! I love those badges. I have a little history of Lazarus starting on page 165 of the book called "The Many Faces of Schwinn Volume I" I wrote about the many dealer badges found on Schwinn bicycles. Barry

Back