When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on an old Fisher Mt Tam

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bewheels

On Training Wheels
Hi All,
I have a 1985-86 Fisher Mt Tam. I bought a one new in 85' but the seat collar separated from the seat tube within the first month. So they sent me an 86' model at the end of 85' because they did not have any more 85' green/yellow fades left to send me.

I rode it all the time for 3 years before it became a back-up bike and lived in the garage up until now. I am considering selling it but am not sure of potential interest or value. The only one I see on eBay is this one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-198...e-Shimano-Deore-XT-20-Bike-Blue-/350530183343

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

I don't know the value but that ebay seller, BBC bikes, would not be a good reference point for price. He is commonly discussed here and his prices are often 4x the value. Early MTB stuff defnitely has a strong following. You may want to check out the forums at mtbr.com as this would be their specialty. Good luck.

MT Tams can be cool bikes to keep. Do you have any pictures? Also Check the bottom bracket for serial numbers.

Pictures

Here are a few pictures of the bike... The reason for the black bars is that Fisher had a recall on their bars. This is the replacement set they sent. They would not send me a matching set.

126_2626.jpg
126_2603.jpg
126_2617.jpg
126_2619.jpg
126_2625.jpg
126_2627.jpg
126_2628.jpg

Back