When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thoughts

-
I would actually say a fantasy piece it would have to be in original for there to be a repop...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I would actually say a fantasy piece it would have to be in original for there to be a repop...

I believe there was an original tricycle designed like this but not made here in the US. I've seen old photographs of children somewhere in Europe sitting on this type of tricycle with the seat mounted on a curved spring. Ditto with the repop horse tricycles that proliferate sites like ebay. An original horse tricycle would most likely have come from France and they are very rare to find. The tricycle that's the subject of this thread may also have been a French design. What gets me is the sellers who will swear up and down that the one they're selling is a true antique and ask hundreds for it, even though it's obviously a reproduction and they were probably taken paying a high price themselves.

Dave

Back