When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Hole Head Badge On A 1936 Autocycle??? What Badge Was It?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Greg M.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello.
A good friend of mine just picked up this 1936 Autocycle from the original owner's son who was an old friend of his. My friend has told me the story many times of seeing this Autocycle hanging in his old neighbor's garage. Unfortunately the original owner took it apart to repaint it in his later years and some of the original parts are missing. One of the missing parts is the headbadge which had three mounting holes as seen in the pictures.
Two on the top and one on the bottom. The two top holes are about 1 1/2" apart and the lower hole is about the same distance down.
Any insight on what this badge would have been? I know it may be a hardware store badge or something else odd, but all the ones I've ever seen have been the standard two hole design.
Thanks in advance for any input!

Greg M.

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

Wow, thank you.
I have never seen or heard of that badge before, but my pre war exposure is rather young yet.
And you know this leads to the next question...
Anybody have one of these badges for sale?
Thank you Catfish and Tripple 3!

Greg M.

Thank you Pete for all your help on this issue.
Not only providing good information about not having a Marshall Fields downtube decal, but for parting with the one badge in your collection to help my buddy Dan with the re-build of his 1936 Autocycle.
Good stuff!

Greg M.

Back