When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Phantom repops Cedar Rapids, Iowa Craigslist $0

-
I've been riding my 100th anniversary Classic Cruiser for several years now and other than the bike shop cold-setting the frame for regular rims and replacing the seat with a Troxel the only thing that really stuck out badly was the government warning (CPSC) sticker on the top bar, which I've never removed because I was afaid of damaging the finish (which doesn't really change hue in differing light conditions anymore anyway)

I used to have a black and red springer from that line but parts wore out and I sold it to somebody who could fix it up like it was supposed to be and they still have it and love it.

I saw these 3 and quite a few other bikes at an estate sale this spring. I don't think any of the bikes sold. Everything was in pristine condition. The rip owner had everything on display, much behind glass, in a finished basement were there was no dirt and complete ac/heat control. The estate sale service had pre-priced everything. They would take writen offers to be considered when the sale was over but the offers had to be at least 50% of the marked price and these were still too much at half off asking. I told the woman running the sale the local bike coop would welcome any as donations and I gave them my number but never heard back.

Part them out.

report 95' phantom flood was a waste of effort ....

I'm all for the extinction of that run.

plenty of originals to be had.

Just ride it. If you want to promote your favorite hobby you have to have other people that at least share it. I see this as some kind of frustrated stuff by people not selling enough bikes anyway and it gets kinda silly. If you're afraid of this then perhaps you need to step back and breathe. And people have the right to have unrealistic expectations anyway. What is generally true is that eventually they come to realize that they may not get what they want after all and things happen. But they didn't list it here...one of us merely pointed it out.

Conversely, it perhaps says that some of you wanted one and can't have it. The best thing to do is not to tell them that they're out of their minds, it just makes them resistant because they now figure it must be justified.

So I'm through with any critiques. I've got eight bikes of my own, for my own use and I'm not done building them. I don't need more, and I simply find them nice looking, because they are. And the people that went through the trouble of trying to build them and market them hard a lot of work to do. This was almost the last hurrah for the company. You build a frame style for around sixty years, that was a FEAT. Every other cantilevered frame is judged against a Schwinn. Murray makes LAWN MOWERS now. The center of the bike universe moved to Waterloo, Wisconsin (Trek).

Back