When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Second Rate Muscle Bikes For $100

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Definitely a schwinn tornado frame, 20". 1960 I believe. All the rest are classic pig bike combo parts. I have a 20" frame like this myself. Fairly hard to find frame in 20" size.

Definitely a schwinn tornado frame, 20". 1960 I believe. All the rest are classic pig bike combo parts. I have a 20" frame like this myself. Fairly hard to find frame in 20" size.

I do not believe Schwinn had the twinn bar underneath the top bar as shown in these photos.....at least I have never seen one......1960 Schwinn does NOT show this twinn bar........

Yeah they made that frame in 1959. Not super common but have seen a few.

you are correct, good sir...20", 1959 Schwinn Tornado.........

tornado_before.45135651_std.jpg

That Schwinn is a Pig Bike at it's finest. They would take the old 20 inch bikes and put banana seats and high rise bars to make muscle bikes. Forks look Huffy. They changed the fenders out. I believe they refer to that style frame as straight bar frame.
Here piggy piggy. Definitely a pig bike like Jaxon said!

Also have a Hawthorne from 1964 that is similar to the firestone. I found it in a 1964 Montgomery wards catalog listed as a "super mustang dragster" model if I remember correctly.

IMG_2428.JPG

Also have a Hawthorne from 1964 that is similar to the firestone. I found it in a 1964 Montgomery wards catalog listed as a "super mustang dragster" model if I remember correctly.

View attachment 375714

My '61 Monark came to me with a seat identical to that. Ugly as all hell. A member here said it must have belonged to Ron Jeremy. Ewww....lol. I haven't seen a seat like that since then!

Back