When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three speed hubs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
What are the differences, if any, between the three speed hubs found on middle weight bikes and lightweight bikes. There's a lightweight (cheap) on the local CL that has good hubs, front and rear, and I was wondering if I could lace them to some S7 rims that I have.

Most of the ones I have on my balloon tire bikes came from lightweight, as long as the spoke count is the same they should work.

Most of the ones I have on my balloon tire bikes came from lightweight, as long as the spoke count is the same they should work.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I'm assuming by your statement that the diameters of the hubs are the same so the S7 spokes can be reused or spokes of the same length.

i think if u use 10and5/8 spokes u need to 4 cross

Nope, three cross. Just checked my 62.

My 62 Corvette.jpg

Just a note. The S-7 on Corvette 5 speed with the low flange rear freewheel hub also uses a three cross with the 10 5/8 spoke. The S-2's have a smaller I.D. and use four cross with the 10 5/8 spoke.

Back