When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thrift store find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AmandaHSanDiego

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I remember picking it at the thrift store at Leroy's Boys Home for $4. I loved it and learned to ride on it.

The pic was around 1980.

The first thing I noticed when I found the picture was the wrong size back tire.

I have no idea what it was.
34783.jpeg

Last edited:
Cousin Amanda:
It doesn't look like that 16" rear wheel slowed you down or tarnished your fun at all. In fact, it may have been good for a beginning rider because it worked like a lower gear. That horn and basket went very nicely with the red bike; a girl has got to know how to accessorize. Ride on!

@AmandaHSanDiego Now you need to find an adult woman's bike similar to it, repaint it up & recreate the pic 😉

Guarantee it'll bring back that feeling you had 1st riding a bicycle and add to it. I did it once before I was a member here with an old yellow Banana seat 20" Murray cantilever frame. Then my mom donated it & I couldn't be too mad knowing maybe some other kid would ride it .... continuing the cycle of a 1st bicycle etc

Back