When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thrift store find

-

AmandaHSanDiego

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I remember picking it at the thrift store at Leroy's Boys Home for $4. I loved it and learned to ride on it.

The pic was around 1980.

The first thing I noticed when I found the picture was the wrong size back tire.

I have no idea what it was.
34783.jpeg

Last edited:
Cousin Amanda:
It doesn't look like that 16" rear wheel slowed you down or tarnished your fun at all. In fact, it may have been good for a beginning rider because it worked like a lower gear. That horn and basket went very nicely with the red bike; a girl has got to know how to accessorize. Ride on!

@AmandaHSanDiego Now you need to find an adult woman's bike similar to it, repaint it up & recreate the pic 😉

Guarantee it'll bring back that feeling you had 1st riding a bicycle and add to it. I did it once before I was a member here with an old yellow Banana seat 20" Murray cantilever frame. Then my mom donated it & I couldn't be too mad knowing maybe some other kid would ride it .... continuing the cycle of a 1st bicycle etc

Back