When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ticked off...to say the least. Supplier smashed shipments.

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Why is packing an order correctly so difficult? Why do people seem to easily navigate thousands of useless phone apps, but cannot pack an order?

The ferrite bars I require for my antennas were ordered after my prototype was made a month ago, and only one supplier that I could dig up had them in the size I needed. I was resent ferrite THREE times. Why? Because on the first shipment, only three bars survived. The next two for replacements, none survived. Now, I get replacements, after ripping the supplier a new one, only to find my order cannot be fufilled until 12/27 because they have no more in stock. They smashed them all while in transit to me apparently.

What were they packed with? Nothing. Nothing at all. Toss in a ziplock baggie, tossed in a box, to rattle around like beans in a can.

I have only five surviving ferrite bars to fulfill my backorders...does anyone know of a company that sells obscure electronics parts? I am open to other suppliers at this point. At least I am getting the labels, brackets, and housing out.

This IS a lesson on what is to be expected and worse- I was told for UPS united parcel smashers that I could expect a 6 foot drop along the way

This IS a lesson on what is to be expected and worse- I was told for UPS united parcel smashers that I could expect a 6 foot drop along the way

Exactly. Those suckers are not cheap. They lost money on me due to all the product they had to write off.

I just shipped several Radiobike parts this morning. I put the antenna housing in a shell of bubble wrap, labels were double-enveloped, top cap sent in a baggie, and hardware sent in a separate baggie to protect the painted parts. I know they will arrive safe and sound.

I shipped antique Christmas lights and ornaments before - none broken. When people pack stuff, they need to take a couple minutes and do it right.

I always pack like I am shipping to my self...
sorry...scratch that
make that....a valued friend or collector!!!

I always pack like I am shipping to my self...
sorry...scratch that
make that....a valued friend or collector!!!
Amen!! I see it as, an object survived for half a century or more. Don't destroy it from poor packing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stuff has to be packed azzhole proof

I wonder if all those boxes that were thrown in the truck were pies like this one special package. lmao

Back