When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to start a GoFundMe to save the original Wright Brothers bicycle shop -slated for demo

-
Years ago the city council wanted to knock down our treasure for a parking lot !!! the people rose up and said NO ! this what it looks like today. It is used for weddings,small retail shops,has original bars from the old jail still in the building. The building is beautiful inside...........

Here is some info from The Henry Ford-Greenfield Village:

History repeats itself, when knowledge of history is lost!
How our society values history is astonishingly embarrassing!
This building must be restored at any cost and a museum must be created. It can be done with a crowdfunding campaign. It’s a no brainer plan and can garner millions of dollars in donations. The crowdfunding campaign can be talked about on all the news medias and brought to worldwide attention.
Too much of America is crumbling, beneath our feet!

They have been destroying Memphis for decades. Their pace has picked up dramatically in the last 5 years.
Now that I have looked it up, I see what you mean. Some parts of Memphis appear to be getting uglier and uglier; that Nylon Net Building demolition is the newest addition to the list of waste. Just wait 50 or 60 years from now when people look back at what is being done now in regret. All of this shiny and new construction that is going up currently, due to its lack of quality or craftsmanship, will be run down and ghetto by then, and they too will likely be torn down by that point. What happened in Charlotte, NC in the 1950s and 60s is what is happening in Memphis now, and today you can see the effects of that, there's even crime shows about Charlotte now. Then the cycle will continue I guess.

Now that I have looked it up, I see what you mean. Some parts of Memphis appear to be getting uglier and uglier; that Nylon Net Building demolition is the newest addition to the list of waste. Just wait 50 or 60 years from now when people look back at what is being done now in regret. All of this shiny and new construction that is going up currently, due to its lack of quality or craftsmanship, will be run down and ghetto by then, and they too will likely be torn down by that point. What happened in Charlotte, NC in the 1950s and 60s is what is happening in Memphis now, and today you can see the effects of that, there's even crime shows about Charlotte now. Then the cycle will continue I guess.
You are spot on! Besides the buildings, they are tearing down historic homes. Just to build 3-4 tiny homes on the lot. And the zoo is paving over part of the greensward in Overton Park. They already took part of the old growth Forrest. Many of our city council members are developers. Why do people keep voting them in?
Makes me sick!

Back