When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tiny kids tandem and other10in bike id help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mojo80

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently acquired these two from a guy who found them while scrapping. Both have hard rubber 10 in tires, are missing badges and any decals they had. Grips and seat are incorrect on the little sidewalk bike and tandem has possibly been repainted. Any info or ideas of maker and approx year is much appreciated! I'm so curious about them and havent found any info on my own.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1366472365567.jpg
    ResizedImage_1366472365567.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ResizedImage951366489528812.jpg
    ResizedImage951366489528812.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 115
The only one that has a familiar look to me is the tricycle. That particular shaped metal seat was found on Midwest/MTD tricycles from around the 1960s.

Dave

Thank you for the help. I finally found a pic of the tandem on display at museum in France. Unfortunately it provides no info on make or year. The bike is so ridiculously small its hard to imagine two children that young coordinated enough to ride it. Thanks once more

Monica

Attachments

• d0c8f1b40f81d212c5a85b36ea3fe9ad.124.82.jpg
    d0c8f1b40f81d212c5a85b36ea3fe9ad.124.82.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 83
Monica, since you're in Canada, there's a good chance at least one of the small bikes (maybe both) are a product of CCM - Canada Cycle & Motor Co. There's another prominent bicycle maker in Canada but I can never remember the name, only remember CCM. Maybe someone else can supply the other maker name. Might be a start in researching their children's product line.

Dave

Last edited:
Hey Dave, that other name you're thinking of is Werlich.........whether it is one or not I cannot tell you, never seen such a small tandem before!

Thank you for the memory refresh!:) I gotta write that name down, or at least remember what topic it was posted in for future reference. That sure is a small wheeled tandem! Monica has a valid point about two small children having trouble being coordinated enough to ride it together. Probably these little bicycles spent more time sitting than being rode...out of frustration in riding attempts on the part of the small kids they were bought for. Although in all honesty, I've never seen small children attempting to ride a little tandem before. Maybe they're better at it than I would think.

Dave

California

Sorry bought the abbreviation, I actually live right in the center of California, good info though. Here's a pic next to my twinn tandem for size comparison.

Unless I book a trip to France and tour the musee du velo I may never know.

Btw Dave, I'm going to post a few pics of a tricycle I believe is an Evans Constellation and a wagon, perhaps Murray I'd like your opinion on. Those are my best guesses but could use a second opinion...(wish i had half your kiddy bike knowledge).

Thanks guys for the help

Attachments

• IMG_20130216_152241.jpg
    IMG_20130216_152241.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20130216_152941.jpg
    IMG_20130216_152941.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 87
Here they are. Picked up in January while purchasing a stingray pjxie.
The guys late father was a bike collector and pulled the wagon behind his bike at car shows. The kid had zero knowledge of vintage bikes and provided no helpful info...

Attachments

• IMG_20130105_143542.jpg
    IMG_20130105_143542.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20130105_143443-1.jpg
    IMG_20130105_143443-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 100
Sorry bought the abbreviation, I actually live right in the center of California,

Ooooh....you're located in the other CA. Didn't even think of it possibly being Calif. What came to my mind seeing the little tandem next to the adult sized model, was those little bicycles clowns use in a circus as part of their act. Though it most likely was made for children. My main interest has been in older tricycles, though I have a handful of older bicycles, too, along with a 1958 Murray pedal tractor and trailer. It always bugged me not to know the maker of a tricycle I 've come across, so I've tried to research as many of them as I can by ebay and craigslist listing photos, and buying old tricycle photos on ebay when I can clearly read the head badge. I've learned different design traits of mfrs to help in ID-ing them.

Here they are. Picked up in January while purchasing a stingray pjxie.
The guys late father was a bike collector and pulled the wagon behind his bike at car shows. The kid had zero knowledge of vintage bikes and provided no helpful info...

I'm fairly certain the wagon is a Mercury (Murray). I just saw one somewhere very recently identical to this one except in color. The tricycle could be an Evans or possibly even a Midwest/MTD. I have a Midwest with that exact style rear hub cap design. You could check the site www.tricyclefetish.com on their Evans, Midwest, and MTD mfr. pages to see examples of each make of tricycle. Possibly some of the design features on yours will match one of them and pinpoint the manufacturer. I also save the photos from ebay listings for my own personal reference in identifying tricycles. I could check some of them if you don't find a match on that trike collector site.

Dave

Last edited:
That's my first tricycle, my collection is mostly kids bikes. Both were repainted and the trike looks almost identical to An Evans ad from tricyclefetish. The grips and color are different. I hate not knowing my bikes genealogy as well and my research approach is not sophisticated like yours so i dont retain the info very long...here is the ad for a '61

Attachments

• evans.35.jpg
    evans.35.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 74
Back