When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tip your hat to Lady Gwendolyn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It looks like if you hit a bump that pump will fall off. I believe those type of pump mounts are for vertical mounting.

Click Here

It's ridden there on the other frame for 4 years (6000 miles including bumps) and didn't even come off in the wreck that bent the top tube, downtube, and steerer tube - and me.

The frame fit pump actually got kicked out occasionally when it was on the seat tube. It's too long to work with a strap-on peg on the top tube, but it works nicely with an umbrella clip.

Last edited:
Depending on how badly bent the frame is, one of the Park Head Tub Straighteners might be able to salvage the Grand Prix frame (I think those were plain steel rather than 531?). That's for minor straightening of the front joints. A press rig might straighten the steerer tube. But this stuff will not straighten major damage, which you might have in that crash. I've been trying to locate one of the HTS tools for awhile because I like the concept of saving old frames with minor bends in them, but no luck finding the tool so far.

Mike, probably could be straightened - the paint flaked off from the lugs through the bends.
While everything could be straightened, the paint was really the only special thing about the TI 20-30 frame - the power blue panels - and what was there was not aging gracefully any more.
It was all original with touch-ups, and I replaced the decals with my own scheme
aaP4090002.jpg

So if I had to start over with this frame, straighten it, then repaint/decal, etc - the value of the frame is not worth the effort or cost.
I had rebuilt my old Grand Prix 3 times, first in 1978. The parts it was carrying many would call a silk purse.
Many times I had though about upgrading the frame. This wreck sealed it.
It made more sense to upgrade the frame than repair the wrecked frame - just wasn't worth the effort.
I'll still always be fond of it.
gp1.jpg

going to brag about my daughter here. Today was her first tournament of the wrestling season. They usually give a 2 lb allowance, but didn't today and made her wrestle in 10-lb up class.
She was giving up 10 lbs (mostly muscle) in every match. She took 1st and the girl she beat for the trophy (out of her normal weight class) placed in state last year.

Last edited:
Made my maiden ride today - both for my busted bones and my new International. I rode 25 greenway miles. Rode my normal pace the whole way, just a bit shorter distance than I usually ride.
My ribs did hurt when I was pedaling, and my shoulders when I got off.
But it's good for me...

Back