When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tip your hat to Lady Gwendolyn

-
there are exactly two things we've disagreed on - racism, and me. You don't have a right to pretend to represent me.
Try to be nice. You mean the narcissist thing? I can't help and it's not my problem if the shoe fits, wear it with pride as I know you will.

fully functional - all that's left is hanging pump and water bottles.
If I don't get rained out, going for a ride this weekend.
aPB180001.jpg

there are so many layers in CP brakes, and shorty fenders keep them clean
Those shorties are stainless, and are big enough for 35mm tires (32mm is all that fits the rear triangles).
Have another pair of Bluemels alloy shorties that only fit 28mm, and have a nice blue foil logo.

A trick idea on the water bottle mounts, btw.
King Cage makes hose clamps with an M5 stud welded to them.
I had pieces of leftover bar leather that I cut long narrow strips to line them.
usb.jpg

I also put leather between the umbrella clip and lug for the pump.
aPB180001a.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could get stuff done this fast. Nice bike.
Mike, it was pretty much all already here on my busted frame. (I also had a few weeks of not typing to plan all this.) I ordered a 27.2mm seatpost from Japan the same day I bought the frame. The only other part I had to buy was a BB cable route. But I also upgraded my front brake stop and bottle cages.
Had to get to the bottom bracket first. As parts came off, they got cleaned. And before they went on the new frame, they got polished.
No trial and error, everything was the same.

You're welcome Dale. I knew about the King Cage mounts a year ago - the owner introduced them on iBoB google group along with a discount code. Of course bottle cages is the last thing to do. When I took the crusty old VO clamps (styled after old school TA clamps) from my dead frame, I decided I didn't want to use them, went straight to the computer, and dropped my US Grant on King Cage.

See, it pays to save your old bar leather pieces. Even though my bars had been re-wrapped last year, and I had those pieces, I still had the leftover leather strips from 6 years earlier.
My workspace in the garage is not clean, but I keep everything bike in cigar boxes, and even mark some of them with what's inside (and it's my place to smoke cigars).
th_aP1070006.jpg

I have a big cache of fasteners, and ferrules and spare cables - there is a queue of NOS gum hoods, 3 colors of twine for wraps, derailleurs, freewheels, cassette cogs, brake levers, oodles of p-clamps and sundry other clamps and rubber pads that came with them...
Just added another box with parts that came from the busted frame - derailleur hanger, headset, seatpost bolt, those leftover VO clamps.

Last edited:
Back