When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Change!

-

Indian401

Finally riding a big boys bike
Coming out of attic storage, need to get ready for new riders.

Time for a tire change, Speedway tires were an excellent fit, little U-Tube video eased my mind getting this ride ready for the 4 generation to take over. My Father purchased this ride for me in 1952 from Culp’s Firestone Store, Greensburg, KS. No lift was open so freezer had to do.

You kept your Murray tractor in very nice original condition. They are well made and worth fixing up, and nice that places like Speedway have replacement tractor tread tires. I have one from about 1958/9 purchased at an antique store years ago - never had one as a kid back in the 1950s. Later purchased a matching Murray dump trac trailer off ebay before the seller asking prices on them got ridiculously high. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Oh, and a photo of mine is on this thread if you wanted to see it - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/my-riding-toy-collection.97739/

Dave

Saving the tractor was my Father, when he passed it was in the attic of the garage along with my older brothers airplane

Back