When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire cleaning and conditioning question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Casual dreamer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Since I will have the heavy-duti apart I would like to clean and condition the tires. It has the original schwinn tractor tires on it, they are in fantastic shape, just a little dirty. What would you suggest? I usually use bleche-white to clean and armor-all to condition my car tires bit not sure if thats good for bike tires. I want to keep these tractors nice!

get ultra guard and youll be amazed,most car tire products will dry and crack your bike tires,ulta guard and evap-o-rust eliminate all the old stuff

I use any automotive tire shine and conditioner.I have a buddy that is a mecchanic and he says to wipe tires with brake fluid ?? He says its and old method to keep tires from cracking and turning hard.

I use any automotive tire shine and conditioner.I have a buddy that is a mecchanic and he says to wipe tires with brake fluid ?? He says its and old method to keep tires from cracking and turning hard.
brake ruins rubber

I would be careful using a product like Armor-All on tires, esp the treads. Back in my motorcycling days, a friend used Armor-All on his Sportster tires and his tires slid out from under him while going around a curve. No weather or speed issues, just, BAM! Down goes Frazier! I later read in a motorcycling magazine that Armor-All on tires cause unsafe conditions due to the silicone content in the product. JD Ultraguard has no silicones and is safe on tires. Just my $.02

303 UV Protectant for Vinyl, Rubber, Plastic, Tires and Leather

40-030.jpg

Back