When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Conditioning & Preservation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OLDTIMER

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a '70 Fenderless Stingray 5-speed in very nice condition with date code correct tires in excellent condition. It is apparent this bike has spent minimal time in the sun and appears the previous owner has used, what I would believe, some type of conditioner on the tires as they are soft and pliable and without cracks. It appears whatever may be on the tires is not a type of topical wax or shiny coating, but something that may be absorbed into the rubber surface of the tire(s).
I would like to continue this preservation process and am asking the group if anyone can suggest something they have used with success in the preservation on their tires.
I have done a little looking on the 'net and the Gold Eagle 303 tire balm seems to show up quite a bit around fellow enthusiasts looking to treat their rubber items in the same way.
Looking for some suggestions or tried & trued solutions to my quest.
Thanks

John Deere makes something that must work. All the older tractor people swear by it to preserve tires on the older rides. Haven't used it YET..But cleaning up a nice Schwinn FB that will use it on.

Anything with alcohol breaks the rubber down. Not sure about brake fluid. I would waiy for others to chime in!!

+1 on John Deere Ultra Guard, it's amazing stuff, but it's not the easiest to procure, at least in the Northern Illinois/Chicago area. I've heard that belt dressing is a good option also, but I haven't tried it yet. Thinking about trying that for my cheaper riding tires :).

+1 on John Deere Ultra Guard, it's amazing stuff, but it's not the easiest to procure, at least in the Northern Illinois/Chicago area. I've heard that belt dressing is a good option also, but I haven't tried it yet. Thinking about trying that for my cheaper riding tires :).
Amazon is your friend! I buy about four bottles at a time and it gets to me in about three days. V/r Shawn

I use a product from Jax Wax called Super Blue
81WqM5cAwcL._SL1500_.jpg

20 oz. John Deere untra guard was $12.26 on line shipped worth every penny!

I bought a bottle from your first link and it came out to about $17 shipped. Not bad, but it took forever to get here, then when it did, the top had come off the bottle and it was all gone. They did ship another one which was nice. In all it took about a month to get one bottle so it wasn't exactly instant gratification :). But it was worth the price and the wait.

Back