When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Glue?

-
The thing about rubber cement is you are supposed to apply the cement to both the tire and the rim and let set for a while then bring both together, once together they cant be separated easily. Here is what I do. Mount the tire on the wheel, centering the tire evenly. Pull a section of tire away from rim, if real tight, just roll it away. Place something like a piece of wood between the tire and rim and apply cement to both surfaces trying not to get cement on tire sidewall. Let cement set for 15 minutes or so and them bring both tire and rim together. Do the same to the next area. By doing small areas at a time you can avoid the mess and can keep tire aligned on wheel.

The thing about rubber cement is you are supposed to apply the cement to both the tire and the rim and let set for a while then bring both together, once together they cant be separated easily. Here is what I do. Mount the tire on the wheel, centering the tire evenly. Pull a section of tire away from rim, if real tight, just roll it away. Place something like a piece of wood between the tire and rim and apply cement to both surfaces trying not to get cement on tire sidewall. Let cement set for 15 minutes or so and them bring both tire and rim together. Do the same to the next area. By doing small areas at a time you can avoid the mess and can keep tire aligned on wheel.

That definitely seems easier and less messy than the trad. method I used:
One coat/application to both tyre and rim, leave for 24 hours .
Repeat above, leave for another 24 hours.
Apply a third coat to the tyre, leave it to dry a little and then wrestle it into position with much cursing/wailing and general existential angst. Then go and purchase large amounts of acetone in order to try and clean up any errant glue residue on your lovingly revarnished rims whilst trying not to cry!

That's why I'll be using tape in future.

Back