When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire question

-
These tires have extra puncture protection and got them on eBay for $24 each with free shipping. The Suburban rolls smooth as silk.
EDIT: I just looked at the invoice and was actually less being $22.40 each.:)
0401A000-0CD1-45CB-AC93-0633EDE21F8F.jpeg

3C39952F-C1D7-48FF-87A5-903B80A596C1.jpeg

FE2096EA-D890-4FB3-B003-7AC267CC2F02.jpeg

Last edited:
i have an old schwinn balloon tire bike its a late 30s or early 40s autocycle not really worth much i gave it to the little boy next door <momma backed over his 24 inch bike > i have had this bike for many years and the tires are rotten i have one panaracer all white 2.10 front tire 26x2.10 aka 50-559 size will this fit ?i am just trying to get this machine up and riding for him.i swear i had a matching rear tire anyone have a tire to help him out ?i need to know if these mountain bike tires will work ? also known as a xc magic cool tire in the day since i giving this bike and my help to him free gratis any help greatly appreciated i am going thru my stuff tomorrow,tubes also looking for some handle bar streamers red white or any colors for an 11 year old boy ,thanks guys p.s. his mom is a single mother with two boys having a hard time with bills . and no no romantic interest just hate to see him walking

just wanted to throw this out.

I have used Duro tires, many different styles and sizes on many bikes and have never had an issue with any tire I have bought from them. Presently my two 28" wheel bicycles roll on Duro Cordoba 700x38c (28x1.5") and they are stellar.

With that in mind, I have also used Kenda tires, to a similar level of success, and have not been dissapointed in them, the only issue I have with them, is getting the to seat properly. On a Kenda, I always spray the sidewalls with silicone spray, prior to inflation, so the beads seat in the correct position, a few bounces around the rim while airing, helps also.

The biggest difference I have noticed is the Duro's typically roll faster on pavement, I have no science to prove this, but the bicycle just feels like it rides with less road resistance and it is quicker running a Duro. Your results may vary.

Everyone has a favourite brand of tire typically, in a 700x38c, mine is the Cordoba, great grip, great traction, and great road speed.

Now on to @olderthandirt on your question about the 26" 559 tires, it is going to depend on the Schwinn rim you are using, I know the Typhoon Tread is a regular 26 x 2.125 559 tire and works on many bicycles. Good luck on finding the tires that work, what you are doing is a great mission for a good cause.

Piercer

I’m glad you had success with them. Unfortunately I couldn’t get them to mount properly on my rims and man I tried like10 times remounting them on my Suburban .
I also mounted them on my Le Tour rims and had the same problem. On the other hand, the Continentals went on super easy on the first try. The Kendas I have on my Le Tour also mounted up with no hassles.

The factory mounted a Duro tire on my Wheel barrel and I never had so many problems with a tire before. ...:p .... ;) My hand truck has CS tires and those still look new and hold air. Bought the hand truck in July 2005.

i had an old iver johnson hanging up in the garage with a set of wide white wall tires they looked good as new i took them off and installed them onto the schwinn with new tubes and rim strips and e is riding and very happy ! hes been on this bike every minute for the last four days i cautioned him not to slide the rear tire since there are none available to match .i probably gave him a 100.00 set of tires but his enjoyment has truly been priceless ! hes a bit small for the bike but hes doing a real good job having fun with it !. damm i wish i was9 again

A bit esoteric, but Schwinn also offered rims they labeled as S-4, S-8, S-10 and S-12 and S-14. The S-4 were only used on Town and Country tandems and correspond to the 650B size with a 584mm bead seat diameter; the S-8 were used on early Superior, Paramount and Continental Tourists and correspond to the 26 x 1 1/4" or 597mm BSD; S-10 rims are the typical 27 x 1 1/4 or 630mm BSD size, and were the wired/clincher rims for early Paramounts. The S-8 and S-10 only came in alloy. The S-12 was for 700C / 622mm racing tubulars in alloy and the S-14 was in wood, again both used only on early Paramount racers. The attached image is from a 1948 catalo

A bit esoteric, but Schwinn also offered rims they labeled as S-4, S-8, S-10 and S-12 and S-14. The S-4 were only used on Town and Country tandems and correspond to the 650B size with a 584mm bead seat diameter; the S-8 were used on early Superior, Paramount and Continental Tourists and correspond to the 26 x 1 1/4" or 597mm BSD; S-10 rims are the typical 27 x 1 1/4 or 630mm BSD size, and were the wired/clincher rims for early Paramounts. The S-8 and S-10 only came in alloy. The S-12 was for 700C / 622mm racing tubulars in alloy and the S-14 was in wood, again both used only on early Paramount racers. The attached image is from a 1948 catalog.

View attachment 1060794
S-4 were also used on Schwinn welter weight bikes

Back