When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These tires have extra puncture protection and got them on eBay for $24 each with free shipping. The Suburban rolls smooth as silk.
EDIT: I just looked at the invoice and was actually less being $22.40 each.:)
0401A000-0CD1-45CB-AC93-0633EDE21F8F.jpeg

3C39952F-C1D7-48FF-87A5-903B80A596C1.jpeg

FE2096EA-D890-4FB3-B003-7AC267CC2F02.jpeg

Last edited:
i have an old schwinn balloon tire bike its a late 30s or early 40s autocycle not really worth much i gave it to the little boy next door <momma backed over his 24 inch bike > i have had this bike for many years and the tires are rotten i have one panaracer all white 2.10 front tire 26x2.10 aka 50-559 size will this fit ?i am just trying to get this machine up and riding for him.i swear i had a matching rear tire anyone have a tire to help him out ?i need to know if these mountain bike tires will work ? also known as a xc magic cool tire in the day since i giving this bike and my help to him free gratis any help greatly appreciated i am going thru my stuff tomorrow,tubes also looking for some handle bar streamers red white or any colors for an 11 year old boy ,thanks guys p.s. his mom is a single mother with two boys having a hard time with bills . and no no romantic interest just hate to see him walking

just wanted to throw this out.

I have used Duro tires, many different styles and sizes on many bikes and have never had an issue with any tire I have bought from them. Presently my two 28" wheel bicycles roll on Duro Cordoba 700x38c (28x1.5") and they are stellar.

With that in mind, I have also used Kenda tires, to a similar level of success, and have not been dissapointed in them, the only issue I have with them, is getting the to seat properly. On a Kenda, I always spray the sidewalls with silicone spray, prior to inflation, so the beads seat in the correct position, a few bounces around the rim while airing, helps also.

The biggest difference I have noticed is the Duro's typically roll faster on pavement, I have no science to prove this, but the bicycle just feels like it rides with less road resistance and it is quicker running a Duro. Your results may vary.

Everyone has a favourite brand of tire typically, in a 700x38c, mine is the Cordoba, great grip, great traction, and great road speed.

Now on to @olderthandirt on your question about the 26" 559 tires, it is going to depend on the Schwinn rim you are using, I know the Typhoon Tread is a regular 26 x 2.125 559 tire and works on many bicycles. Good luck on finding the tires that work, what you are doing is a great mission for a good cause.

Piercer

I’m glad you had success with them. Unfortunately I couldn’t get them to mount properly on my rims and man I tried like10 times remounting them on my Suburban .
I also mounted them on my Le Tour rims and had the same problem. On the other hand, the Continentals went on super easy on the first try. The Kendas I have on my Le Tour also mounted up with no hassles.

The factory mounted a Duro tire on my Wheel barrel and I never had so many problems with a tire before. ...:p .... ;) My hand truck has CS tires and those still look new and hold air. Bought the hand truck in July 2005.

i had an old iver johnson hanging up in the garage with a set of wide white wall tires they looked good as new i took them off and installed them onto the schwinn with new tubes and rim strips and e is riding and very happy ! hes been on this bike every minute for the last four days i cautioned him not to slide the rear tire since there are none available to match .i probably gave him a 100.00 set of tires but his enjoyment has truly been priceless ! hes a bit small for the bike but hes doing a real good job having fun with it !. damm i wish i was9 again

A bit esoteric, but Schwinn also offered rims they labeled as S-4, S-8, S-10 and S-12 and S-14. The S-4 were only used on Town and Country tandems and correspond to the 650B size with a 584mm bead seat diameter; the S-8 were used on early Superior, Paramount and Continental Tourists and correspond to the 26 x 1 1/4" or 597mm BSD; S-10 rims are the typical 27 x 1 1/4 or 630mm BSD size, and were the wired/clincher rims for early Paramounts. The S-8 and S-10 only came in alloy. The S-12 was for 700C / 622mm racing tubulars in alloy and the S-14 was in wood, again both used only on early Paramount racers. The attached image is from a 1948 catalo

A bit esoteric, but Schwinn also offered rims they labeled as S-4, S-8, S-10 and S-12 and S-14. The S-4 were only used on Town and Country tandems and correspond to the 650B size with a 584mm bead seat diameter; the S-8 were used on early Superior, Paramount and Continental Tourists and correspond to the 26 x 1 1/4" or 597mm BSD; S-10 rims are the typical 27 x 1 1/4 or 630mm BSD size, and were the wired/clincher rims for early Paramounts. The S-8 and S-10 only came in alloy. The S-12 was for 700C / 622mm racing tubulars in alloy and the S-14 was in wood, again both used only on early Paramount racers. The attached image is from a 1948 catalog.

View attachment 1060794
S-4 were also used on Schwinn welter weight bikes

Back