Tire Recommendations (Modern)

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

badgoat

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Mar 6, 2020
Maine
My daily driver Trek hybrid as a bad rear tire. 700x35c. The original is a Bontrager. Looking for a quality replacement. Any recommendations for a good source? Thanks!

Archie Sturmer

I live for the CABE
Jun 13, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I like the Schwalbe Marathon variant of tires (e.g., HS-420), various widths with the retro-reflective side stripes.
If price is the principal factor, I sort my searches by lowest price, S&H and taxes.
Bell's Bike Shop in Philadelphia PA may be a nearby shipping point.
Perhaps also consider wider 38c tires, if the fit inside the frame & fender constraints.
Or, a local bike store(?)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: badgoat

badgoat

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Mar 6, 2020
Maine
Thanks! Went with a Panaracer Tour Tire only because it was more local and faster delivery. I'll try to remmber to post some feedback once I've used them.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!