When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Replacement?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

12speedjeff

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey guys!

Took my bike into the shop the other day to get some air. Mechanic took one look at my tires and says I'll need to change them soon (they are about 5-6 yrs old) and it is my commuter so I definitely believe it. Question is how did he determine that? I attached some photos of both my tires (Panaracer Pasela 27x1 1/4)

Also debating on whether to replace my paselas with blackwalls(rear wheel is starting to blow out on the sides) but I do so love the look of the pasela's! Any advice on this front is also appreciated.

-jeff

PXL_20210603_185858210.jpg

PXL_20220507_232348289.jpg

PXL_20220507_232504353.jpg

Will you be replacing it or will the mechanic be replacing it? I don't guess he'd be the sort to recommend it early to get a sale? One time, I rode a white wall tire so many miles that it became, literally bald, and then eventually the bead failed, the innertube protruded out the side of the tire, exploded and then proceeded to get sucked into the sprocket. I barely made it back home. Probably best not to let yours get to that point, but unless it is dryrotted and cracked, I'm not sure what he might mean by "soon", since you've still got tread.

Will you be replacing it or will the mechanic be replacing it? I don't guess he'd be the sort to recommend it early to get a sale? One time, I rode a white wall tire so many miles that it became, literally bald, and then eventually the bead failed, the innertube protruded out the side of the tire, exploded and then proceeded to get sucked into the sprocket. I barely made it back home. Probably best not to let yours get to that point, but unless it is dryrotted and cracked, I'm not sure what he might mean by "soon", since you've still got tread.
I didn't get the impression he was selling anything to me, it was more of a side comment. It kinda baffled me as how he thought that though when in my eyes I also saw tread.

Back