When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire residue. No one likes tire Residue!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ed Minas

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought some tires that have reflective tape. No antique bike deserves reflective tape! I peeled the tape off but now there is some residue. What suggestions do folks have on removing the residue?

Cabers have told me that neither alcohol or “goof off” work. What does without damaging the tire?

Would love to hear failures and success stories.

Thanks in advance

I just removed some very large and loud tire logos with a wire brush in a Dremel- went quickly and easily. If there is goop left behind, try a Brillo pad?

I bought some tires that have reflective tape. No antique bike deserves reflective tape! I peeled the tape off but now there is some residue. What suggestions do folks have on removing the residue?

Cabers have told me that neither alcohol or “goof off” work. What does without damaging the tire?

Would love to hear failures and success stories.

Thanks in advance

GOO GONE! MILD CITRIC ACID LIKE LEMON JUICE!

This works on every sticky residue I've ever tried it on even on tape on some of my original Delta light boxes without staining or removing the paint on the box . It's cheap and and it works fast and easy

MwpsdF2nTEyCFLG3mpWKVQ.jpg

Back